The Data Engineer role
- These extravagant competencies are particularly distinctive:
- Above average team ability
- Above-average learning readiness
- To rethink the team's feedback to reflect within the framework of the Balanced Team Approach (Janice Fraser)
- High degree of self-interest
- High analytical competence
- PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physic, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- 3+ years' experience in data science/quantitative analysis
- Passionate about Big Data and its potential for the IoT / Smart Cities: user profiling, self-learning, pattern matching, fault prediction and preventive and predictive maintenance, etc.
- Understanding of statical analysis. Excellent data mining skills
- Expertise in predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning: supervised learning, clustering and time series analysis
- Experience working with multiple data-sets
- Has an eye for data visualization and can demonstrate creativity
- Excellent problem solving skills and proven technical leadership
- Programming experience in Python/Java/Kotlin/R
- Experience with large scale data analysis frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce)
- Experience with all AWS Data related services (Athena, S3, Glue, API GW , kinesis, etc..)
- Ability to extract business metrics/questions from data sets.
- Ability to turn vague concepts and asks into well-documented and effective business metrics and insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights in a clear and effective manner.
- Bonus: experience in relevant vertical industries: consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, health.
- Fluent in English and/or Spanish.
About the Team
Our technical Team loves to deliver really well crafted solutions at decent speed. We love tech so we really give great attention to the technology (Technology as first class Citizen)
We know that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things.
We like to measure everything so we are always improving, for that we use the best tools on the market such as Datadog.
Finally, we promote a culture of no blame, trust and learning, and we support the mantra “if it hurts do it more often” so good CI and CD are really key for us.
What we offer.
- Remote work mention outside Covid
- 2.000€ per year in social benefits to choose from (Restaurant, Kindergarten, Health Insurance, etc.)
- 2.000€ per year in trainings
- Daily Snacks: We try to promote healthy living habits. You will find in our canteen many nuts, fresh fruit, salads, ...
- Flexible working hours: We understand the importance of work-life balance.
- Short Fridays
- Best gear for your needs
- Nice located offices
- Weekly Yoga Classes. Namastè.
- English as the official speaking language.